First a disclaimer...
For some reason scientists and medical researchers have long neglected research into whether NoFap works, instead choosing to focus their attention on less important issues instead like cancer and cardiovascular diseases 🤦♀️ smh.
As such some people may argue that we don't have enough evidence to even decide that NoFap works yet, never mind optimize how to get the best out of it.
But, a lack of research doesn't mean a lack of effect. It just means that for some reasons scientists (presumably being paid off by
pornhub Big Fap) have neglected this kind of research.
Now saying that there is some pretty good research out there (see here and here) and this is the internet. We're not going to let a little thing like "lack of research" and "needs replication" get in the way of analyzing something and coming to premature conclusions.
So with all that out of the way, lets dive on in...
The Two Strategies
Strategy One: 8 Day cycles
This strategy is based around trying to get them sweet 45% testosterone peaks (as seen in study one). By restricting your fapping to once every 8 days it ensures you get those constant test cycles and the peaks that come with it 🙌.
- Day 5-7 are pretty sweet (just look at that rise 🚀)
- Easier to adhere to
- Possibly missing out on a slightly higher baseline testosterone
- If it's not just the testosterone rise you're looking for you might possibly be missing out on other claimed benefits of NoFap (like increased drive, motivation etc) beyond what some people may attribute to the testosterone rise itself
- If you're doing NoFap due to a porn addiction then again still fapping (to porn) is probably a bad idea and could make it harder to beat (no pun intended).
Strategy Two: Perma No-Fap (or beat it then leave it)
This strategy is more uncertain and is based around two things. One that baseline testosterone levels seem to be slightly higher (but only slightly) following prolonged NoFap and your testosterone levels seem to be more resistant to drops (see study two for more detail).
- Possibly slightly higher baseline testosterone levels
- Testosterone levels possibly more resistant to environmental drops (like from watching porn or when someone roll their eyes at you when you use a cheap pun)
- Missing out on them peaks
- A lot of uncertainity about the benefits
So, what do?
That's a personal choice 🤷♀️ and until we get more research there's still too much uncertainity to say for definite what the best strategy is.
But, thanks to medical science we do know that it's possible to do NoFap (and get some of it's benefits) while still being able to Fap every now and then which is pretty sweet.